- The Numeracy Center Manual has been re-done and will be available in March, 2011, with the release of the new K-5 Kaplan
catalog. This has been a work in progress for quite some time. I am thrilled with the results and encourage everyone to take a
look on the Kaplan website. If you have an old/original Numeracy Center manual, watch for a special discount offer on the new manual!
You will love it! I've learned so much from teachers over the past several years--great ideas and creative strategies for making
the Numeracy Center spiral review tool even more effective. Many of these ideas have been incorporated. You all are always an inspiration to me!
- The VLI Teacher Cadre is up and running, to assist Sherry in classroom modeling, training, and conference presentations. We
welcome this small group of amazing teachers to Vennlogic. This has been a dream of ours for many years, so we are thrilled to make it happen.
Teachers were observed teaching math in their own classrooms over a period of a couple years and selected on the basis of
outstanding teaching abilities!
- Did you know? To date, teachers in at least 25 states plus Ontario Canada have purchased
and are using Numeracy Centers in their classroom! Several districts in Florida have purchased Numeracy Centers
for every single elementary teacher. WOW! The word is spreading. Check out this great resource tool at
the Kaplan website at
- New names for old products. In an effort to link all of the Vennlogic products and training,
the following changes were made with the release of the 2010 K-5 Kaplan catalog:
The Numeracy Center is now called Making Numeracy Connections;
The Linking Math and Literature Activity Cards were re-named Making Literature Connections;
The brand-new Algebra Content Boxes are called Making Algebra Connections (K-2 and 3-5); and
Sherry’s four-day trainings are still called Making Math Connections.
Watch for products right on this website.
Vennlogic, Inc. is joining the e-commerce world! And the first product is…
Folder Centers! Sets of 10 standards-based math folder game make-it-take-it CD's are available for grades PreK through Grade 6.
Each grade-level set is aligned to the NCTM Curriculum Focal Points, the new Common Core Mathematics Standards, and your state standards
(if requested). Click here for information about ordering.
- Check out
Making Algebra Connections K-2 and 3-5--
ready-to-use teacher resource boxes focusing on algebraic thinking. Each set includes specific lessons, teacher blackline
masters, student worksheets, and all lesson-recommended manipulatives. These teacher resource kits are excellent supplements
to your textbook and current resources. In addition, with the algebraic thinking focus of the resource,
Making Algebra Connections is a wonderful supplement to the new Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
- Recent conference presentations for Vennlogic include:
- CAMT 2010--San Antonio, TX--July 15-17, 2010
- NCTM Regional--Denver, CO--October 7-9, 2010
- Georgia State Math Conference--Rock Eagle, GA--October 14-16, 2010
- NCTM Regional--New Orleans, LA--October 30-31, 2010
- Upcoming conference presentations for Vennlogic include:
- CAMT 2011--Dallas, TX--July 17-21, 2011
- NCCTM—Greensboro, NC—October 29-31, 2011
- Visit the Kaplan website at
www.k5kaplan.com to order the following:
- Making Algebra Connections K-2
- Making Algebra Connections 3-5
- Vennlogic Hoops
- Vennlogic Mini-Hoops
- The Moon Is Broke Together
- Vincent and Viola
- Foundations for Critical Thinking teacher resource book
- Making Numeracy Connections (formerly the Numeracy Center)
- Making Literature Connections
- VLI Certification: Three fabulous teachers from Florida have become Vennlogic Certified as trainers and conducted their first workshops!
Kelli Beech, from Perry, Florida, traveled to Denver in October to present at the NCTM Regional Conference there.
LeighAnn Lundy and Alissa Hingson, from Perry, Florida, and Mayo, Florida, traveled to Rock Eagle, Georgia, to present at the
Georgia State Math Conference, also in October. In addition, Kelli conducted a Numeracy Center training at Palm Harbor
Academy in Palm Coast, Florida, in December. Congratulations ladies! We are so happy to have you on board and look forward
to increasing our numbers in 2011!
- Watch for the first summer VLI Institute coming in August of 2011! A small group of VLI certified teachers will come together (location TBD)
for further training in presenting the Vennlogic products and strategies. Can't wait to further develop this team!